Hotfix Mod, Beta 5p
For: DS2 v2.2, v2.3/Addon
Mod offering bug fixes and decent game enhancements.
The key features (You may see here some additional information) are: <== hold cursor above
More details you can find in the readme file
or in the keyword reference.
- Several mod options to customize for example game speed (Customizable with the speed-valves near Eirulan prison or by DS2 ini file) or gameplay difficulty.
- Many 'game mechanics' and item related fixes (Requirement tunigs (e.g. Endless Memory), Effect fixes (e.g. Amren's Bow), ..) or tunings, eg. also for 'Talon' Dragon Quest (To ensure he is present again if you recently skipped the battle) at Snowbrook Haven.
- Pet related tunings (Mininum bonus fixed, no stats loss on death, spell/icon selection fix, Mythrilhorn attack fix), also a new Scrub Boar (Cheap but resistant support pet, spitting acid on enemies) pet.
- Better loot drops (Increased quality of loot in merc mode, Less low-level loot in vet/elite mode), in particular for vet/elite mode.
- Expanded party member support:
- Members won't start a banter-talk when enemies are close.
- Improved auto-boost/-level (Multi-classed chars remain multi-classed. No more '20 levels gap' rule) when you (re)add a low-leveled char to your party.
- Six members in mercenary (Refers to the improved party settings, also may help converting a merc party into v2.3) mode allowed.
- Autonomous member movement in 'wait' mode.
- Disband members forever from the Inn or release them by the Necromancer.
- Slightly tuned experience calculation. (More linear exp-raise with party size, less level-tied exp-stepping, exp for Bleeding too)
- Additional actors to hire:
- Drovan (Drovan: Melee and combat-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) (Drevin's stepbrother near Aman'lu).
- Soldier Kiernan (Kiernan: Ranged and nature-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) at Snowbrook castle.
- Nature mage Nora (Nora can be hired after having solved the Nexus quest) at Kalrathia.
- Revised skill point handling:
- Expanded limit for skill points (With items providing skill points you may reach upto 30 skill points) provided by items.
- Additional NPC to reset skill point (Erasira at the Eirulan Inn allows to reallocate skill points) allocation.
- Balance fix for party members without quest skill points (Enjoying a minor damage & armor bonus, on official or custom maps as well).
- Every 7th level +1 skill point (Balance fix to get some more skill points for your alternate class) if multi-classed.
- New player items (Mainly enchantable items. Somtimes dropping only from corresponding monsters):
- Morden Shield & Morden Sword (1H & 2H).
- Snowbrook Sword, Zombie-Legion Sword, Raider Sword, Hero Broad-Sword (all 1H).
- Hak'u Spear, Taclak Javelin, Harpy & Root spears.
- Extra bows, eg. Vai'kesh Long Bow, Flamecaller Bow (Unique bow, may ignite enemies on hit).
- Snowbrook Armor for Archer & Swordman.
- Further variations of the Windstone Armor.
- More attractive Enchanting:
- Tuned reagent sequence/structure along gameplay with revised reagents (More proportional (damage) bonuses, reagents in different sizes may drop).
- Larger enchanting/reagent grid (now 6/9/12/16).
- A few new reagents (For example: 'Speak with Deads', 'Nimblefoot', 'Dragonheart', ..) added.
- Additional shop with enchantable items (Downhill the small Fortress next to the teleporter in the Azunite Desert of Act 1).
- Rare or unique variants (They offer higher bonuses while being smaller usually) of reagents may drop now.
- Enhanced spell casting support:
- Fixed/balanced spells. (Tuning/Fixes for: Punishing Fire, Drown, Corpse Transmutation, ..)
- 4 auto-cast slots (up to 16 slots (...with a config option to include 2 reserve slots plus 1 additional spellbook)).
- Smart timer-refreshing for buff spells.
- Partially improved AI for casting curses (Example: Magic Steal won't be casted on a melee enemy since it's useless here).
- Up to 5 summoned monsters (+1 summoned monster per 7 skill points on 'Summon Might') per mage.
- No/smarter summon-auto-casting in good towns (...unless enemies are nearby, or if summon spell is in slot 1-4).
- Summon size depends on spell level I-IV.
- Addtional spell to summon your Tresor/Stash (...however monsters watching this may hate you).
- 4 new ranged/nature-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buffs featuring multi-shot and long-range attacks.
- 3 new melee/combat-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buffs providing powerful class synergies.
- 1 new combat-/nature-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buff.
- Ghost & Harpy summon spells (for dual-magic).
- Incantations: Auto-selection of best available chant (The Lorebook will apply the best chant of the same type if possible).
- Bows have now bowstrings and quivers (There are also 'mugs' with tanned skins to change the quiver look).
- Some additional map secrets (Mainly to find special reagents or hidden weapons).
- As you can see the Hotfix Mod has a lot of new and custom content. Originally while expecting a patch v2.3 the mod really was intended just to be a hotfix, but sadly that patch never was released. And so the mod was expanded step by step since it was not possible to split custom content form the fixed part of the game.
- When using v2.3/addon the Aranna Legacy Mod is the corresponding replacement for the Hotfix Mod.