Hotfix Mod, Beta 5L
For: DS2 v2.2, v2.3/Addon
Mod with bug fixes and some additional decent game enhancements. The key features are:
- Revised game difficluty (Now vet/elite are ~15% more difficult, however this can be customized) for vet/elite mode.
- Several mod options to customize for example
game speed (Customizable with the speed-valves near Eirulan prison or by DS2 ini file) or gameplay difficulty.
- In particular for vet/elite mode better loot drops (Increased quality of loot in merc mode, Less low-level loot in vet/elite mode).
- Fixed/balanced spells. (Tuning/Fixes for: Punishing Fire, Drown, Corpse Transmutation, ..)
<== hold mouse/cursor above
- Several item related tunings and fixes (Requirement tunigs (e.g. Endless Memory), Effect fixes (e.g. Amren's Bow), ..).
- New Scrub Boar pet (Cheap but resistant support pet, spitting acid on enemies)
and other pet related tunings (Mininum bonus fixed, no stats loss on death, spell/icon selection fix, Mythrilhorn attack fix).
- Tuned experience calculation. (More linear exp-raise with party size, less level-tied exp-stepping, exp for Bleeding too)
- Quest fix for Snowbrookheaven Dragon (To ensure he is present again if you recently skipped the battle) ('Talon').
- Extra store with entchantable goods (In the Azunite Desert, downhill form teleporter) only.
- Expanded skill point limit (With items providing skill points you may reach upto 30 skill points) by items.
- Every 7th level +1 skill point (Balance fix to get some more skill points for your alternate class) if multi-classed.
- New NPC to reset skill point (Erasira at the Eirulan Inn allows to reallocate skill points) allocation.
- Bows got finally bowstrings and quivers (There are also 'mugs' with tanned skins to change the quiver look).
- Auto-selection of best available chant (The Lorebook will apply the best chant of the same type if possible).
- Some additional map secrets (Mainly to find special reagents or hidden weapons).
- If wished your town portal teleporter (Persisting Portal: very useful but not uncritical, please respect the ReadMe notes) form
the previous game session will stay open.
- Better party member support:
- Members won't start a banter-talk when
enemies are close.
- Improved auto-boost/-level (Multi-classed chars remain multi-classed. No more '20 levels gap' rule) when you
(re)add a low-leveled char to your party.
- Six members in mercenary (Refers to the improved party settings, also may help converting a merc party into v2.3) mode allowed.
- Autonomous member movement in 'wait' mode.
- Disband members forever from the Inn
or release them by the Necromancer.
- New player items (Mainly enchantable items. Somtimes dropping only from corresponding monsters):
- Morden Shield & Morden Sword (1H & 2H).
- Snowbrook Sword, Zombie-Legion Sword,
Raider Sword, Hero Broad-Sword (all 1H).
- Hak'u Spear, Taclak Javelin, Harpy & Root spears.
- Vai'kesh Long Bow, Flamecaller Bow (Unique bow, may ignite enemies on hit).
- Snowbrook Armor for Archer & Swordman.
- Further variations of Windstone Armor.
- More attractive Enchanting:
- Tuned reagent sequence/structure along gameplay
with revised reagents (More proportional (damage) bonuses, reagents in different sizes may drop).
- Larger enchanting/reagent grid (now 6/9/12/16).
- A few new reagents (For example: 'Speak with Deads', 'Nimblefoot', 'Dragonheart', ..) added.
- Additional shop with enchantable items (Downhill the small Fortress in the Azunite Desert of Act 1).
- Enhanced auto-casting support:
- 4 auto-cast slots (up to 16 slots (...with a config option to include 2 reserve slots plus 1 additional spellbook)).
- Smart timer-refreshing for buff spells.
- Partially improved AI for casting curses (Example: Magic Steal won't be casted on a melee enemy since it's useless here).
- Expanded summoning support:
- Up to 5 summoned monsters (+1 summoned monster per 7 skill points on 'Summon Might') per mage.
- No/smarter summon-auto-casting in good towns (...unless enemies are nearby, or if summon spell is in slot 1-4).
- Summon size depends on spell level I-IV.
- Extra spells (All exp-splitting spells are coloured purple, offered in Magic Shops by default):
- Spell to summon your Tresor/Stash.
- 4 ranged/nature-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buffs
featuring multi-shot and long-range attacks.
- 3 melee/combat-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buffs
providing powerful class synergies.
- 1 combat-/nature-magic exp-splitting (When buffed both skill classes will raise simultaniously) buff.
- Ghost & Harpy summon spells (sfor dual-magic).
Additional actors to hire:
- Drovan (Drovan: Melee and combat-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) (Drevin's stepbrother near Aman'lu).
- Soldier Kiernan (Kiernan: Ranged and nature-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) at Snowbrook castle.
- Nature mage Nora (Nora can be hired after having solved the Nexus quest) at Kalrathia.
More details you can find in the readme file
or in the keyword reference.
- As you can see the Hotfix Mod has a lot of new and custom content. Originally while expecting a patch v2.3 the mod really was intended just to be a hotfix, but sadly that patch never was released. And so the mod was expanded step by step since it was not possible to split custom content form the fixed part of the game.
- When using v2.3/addon the Aranna Legacy Mod is the corresponding replacement for the Hotfix Mod.